We value the trust that you place in us by giving us your personal information. We will always use your personal information in a way that is fair and worthy of that trust. We will provide clear information about how we use your personal information.
The Personal Information We Collect
2ndQuadrant collects personal information directly from you when you interact with us through our Portal, including, without limitation, when you:
- Enter into a contract with us
- Create a user account (individual or corporate)
- Request support
- Request information or materials
- Submit questions or comments
To the extent permitted by applicable law, the types of personal information collected directly from you may include, without limitation:
- Information used to communicate with you, such as name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, and workplace address;
- Information that 2ndQuadrant maintains in association with your account, such as your username, password, and support inquiries.
In addition to the personal information described above, in order to fulfill contract obligations to customers, 2ndQuadrant also collects Operational Information about Customer database systems required to perform services. Database Operational Information includes configuration settings, deployment configurations for high availability and security, backup policies, run time performance statistics, such as query plans (containing no actual data from the database) as well as information about the hardware and software the Customer database runs on. Operational Information does not include data actually stored in any customer database, production database passwords, encryption keys or confidential data of any other kind.
Personal Data and and Database Operational Information provided by customers to 2ndQuadrant, will be encrypted at rest and in transit. The data will be kept confidential by 2ndQuadrant and will only be used for the purpose it was provided for (see section below).
Children’s Online Privacy
2ndQuadrant does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained personally identifiable information from a child under the age of thirteen (13), we will delete that information as soon as practicable.
How We Use Your Personal Information
2ndQuadrant uses personal information in an effort to enhance your experience on our Portal and with our services. In addition, we may use personal information we collect about you to:
- Fulfill Your Requests. If you request something from 2ndQuadrant, such as a product or service, a call back, or specific marketing or other materials, we may use the personal information you provide to respond your request.
- Provide You with Information About Our Products, Services and Events. 2ndQuadrant may use your personal information to notify you about product and service offerings as well as events that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Provide Support and Customer Service. We may use your personal information to provide support for products or services you have obtained from us and answer other questions. In the course of providing technical support to you, we may sometimes have incidental access to data that you have provided to us or data that is located on your systems. This data may contain information about you, or your organization’s business, employees, customers, partners, or suppliers. This Privacy Statement does not apply to our access to or handling of this information. The conditions regarding the handling and processing of that data is covered by the applicable agreement between you and 2ndQuadrant, such as our Master Services Agreement.
Note: We require your consent in order to provide you any optional material that is not strictly required to deliver your contracted services. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. You can also manage these settings via the Portal.
How We Share Your Personal Information
2ndQuadrant will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others without your consent. 2ndQuadrant shares personal information in the following ways:
- 2ndQuadrant may share personal information with trusted business partners and service providers in order to support our business operations, such as (but not limited to) fulfilling your orders, following up on requests, providing support and assisting 2ndQuadrant with communication initiatives. Business partners and service providers are required by contract to keep the information received on behalf of 2ndQuadrant confidential and secure and not use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was provided to them.
- 2ndQuadrant may share personal information as required by law or legal process, such as responding to a duly authorized and lawful request of a police or public authority (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), to enforce or protect the rights of 2ndQuadrant, when such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss as permitted by applicable law, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Some web browsers (including some mobile web browsers) provide settings that allow you to control or reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer, tablet or mobile device. Although you are not required to accept cookies, if you block or reject them, you may not have the same level of experience when using our services. For more information, visit the help page for your web browser.
Your Rights and Choices
In accordance with the laws of certain countries, you may have certain rights and choices regarding the personal information we collect and maintain about you, and how we communicate with you.
2ndQuadrant gives you the ability to access, modify, or update some of your personal information online at any time. You may log in at https://access.2ndquadrant.com/ and make changes to your information, such as your password, your contact information, your general preferences, and your personalization settings. However, note that changing or deleting information necessary for 2ndQuadrant to assist with support, services, and purchases may result in a delay or interruption in processing your requests.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements, we may retain your personal information only for as long as we believe it is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the personal information was collected (including, for the purpose of meeting any legal, accounting or other reporting requirements or obligations).
You will be given an opportunity to tell us whether you would like to receive information, special offers, and promotional materials by email from 2ndQuadrant when you create a 2ndQuadrant.com account, when you register for a service, or when you provide us with your personal information. You have the ability to opt out of receiving marketing emails from 2ndQuadrant at any time without cost by clicking on the relevant link contained in the email.
Your personal information is kept secure. We have implemented appropriate physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help us protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. Our security practices include standards on business continuity and disaster recovery, encryption, identity and access management. We also require that our business partners and service providers protect your information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
Privacy Contact Information
7200 The Quorum,
Oxford Business Park North,